Good Morning Family! Do y'all remember that song "The Morning Papers" on Prince's first "symbol" album? I really like that song for some reason.
There is SO MUCH going on today. I've been aching to post something to share with you for a few days now, but nothing has quite touched my fancy. Until this morning.
And what has inspired me on this fine, beautiful Atlanta day to write? The news, of all things.
Honestly, I don't read the newspaper, or, perish the thought
, watch the evening news very often. It's just not a positive experience. Everything they talk about on the evening news is negative. The names change, but the stories stay the same!
The newspaper, on the other hand - just chock full of interesting stuff (at least today it is).
A few juicy tidbits from the front page of The Atlanta Journal Constitution's website
- At the age of 43, Evander "Real Deal" Holyfield is returning to boxing.
- A 12 year-old boy dies on the Rock 'n' coaster at the Disney-MGM theme park - for no apparent reason. No head trauma. No seizure. Nothing so far.
- NASA's Space Shuttle Discovery is set to launch tomorrow at 3:49pm EST. Despite knowing that there's a 60% chance that they'll cancel due to weather.
In more local news:
- A federal judge on Thursday stayed a controversial new sex offender law here in Georgia. The previous law mandated that sex offenders could not live within 1000 feet of anywhere children gathered, like schools and parks. The new law added school bus stops to the mix. Since school bus stops are in effectively EVERY residential neighborhood, this law essentially would have either evicted all sex offenders from the state, or painted them into a corner in a bunk bed in some rat-infested industrial park. (A little literary license). I'm, of course, no fan of sex offenders, but this really is an asinine law. Not to mention that the sex offender category includes the 18 year-old that gets reported for having sex with the 15 year-old, or the sick puppy that has a fetish for geriatrics.
And finally, in Hip Hop news (because hip hop is taking over our lives):
- Rapper Lil' Kim will be released from prison on Monday after serving 10 months of a 12 month sentence. She still will have a 30-day house arrest period to complete.
WOW. So much.
In more personal news:
- My wife is looking SHARP today! She's got her white pants on, with a tailored black shirt. And red high heels! She really cuts a striking figure. I am a lucky man!
- Today's weather forecast is looking positively lovely. Currently 76 degrees, with a high expected of 93. Not a cloud in sight.
- I've been working this side gig the last 6 months or so, in order to get my family's necks from underneath the collective heel of corporate america. We had what may turn out to be an exciting breakthrough last night. Perhaps more details later. Hit me in the comments if you want to know more
What else? Um...
- My mom has tendonitis, and has to wear one of those god-awful boots for two months.
- My brother's getting married in October.
- Congrats to Marce on a successful cleanse and a new nephew!
- Get well Eren.
- Did I mention how good my wife was lookin' this morning?
Have a great weekend, family. I don't talk to you guys nearly as often as I should, but please know that you are in my thoughts. For some reason I've got great vibrations today, and I wish you the same. Be safe out there this weekend.
Know What I'm Sayin'??